Halal Certification & Food Safety
The halaal issue has been getting a wide coverage in Pakistan lately, much to the chagrin of devoted Muslim consumers. The Government’s effort to evolve our country into a prominent manufacturer of halaal products. What could be the world’s perception of Pakistan – lauded as one of the leading manufacturer of halaal food and certification in the world.
Consulting SCP – we help companies assess their skills and choose a new direction which utilizes the talents of the team and resources most productively.
What is & Halal
In Islam, halaal is an Arabic term meaning “lawful or permissible” and not only encompasses food and drink, but all matters of daily life. The following is a partial list of Halaal non-meat products:
- Cereals – breakfast, natural and organic
Cheese and cheese products and coatings
- Hone sharp leadership skills to manage your team
- Cut expenses without sacrificing quality
- Automate your business, so you can leave for days,
whipped toppings and drink mixes
- Desserts – cakes and pastries
- Eggs – powdered, frozen, and processed
French fries and Processed Potatoes
- Fruits – fresh and/or dried
- Ice Cream / Ice Cream Toppings
- Jams and Jellies
- Legumes and Nuts
- Milk (from species considered halaal)
- Pastry Items – frostings and coatings
- Peanut Butter
- Plants (which are non-intoxicating)
- Sauces and dressings
- Soup and Soup Base
- Syrups – table and flavored
- Tea Blends
- Vegetables – fresh and frozen
“Non-Food” items which can also be Halaal certified are:
- Capsules – Pharmaceutical and Vitamin
- Nutritional supplements
- Protein powders
- Vitamins and minerals
In the meat, poultry and food industry, animals such as cows, veal, lamb, sheep, goats, turkeys, chickens, ducks, game birds etc., are considered halaal, but they must be slaughtered according to Islamic laws in order for their meat to be suitable for consumption.
Ingredient Analysis of Non-Meat Items
SCP has a team of food analysts that analyze ingredients to qualify what can be produced and sold to consumers as halaal.
Just as with meat and poultry there are ingredients that are Haram and should be avoided.
SCP Halal Scheme
Our Halal Scheme is totally based on Pakistan Standard (PS4992:2010) and Malaysian standard requirements. We facilitate our esteemed clients with the best halaal certification services. Our Halaal certification is yearly based process, during three 03 years contract annual or biannual surveillance audits are performed as per the criticality or rules and regulation of the Halaal Product certification. Separate Rule Book for Halaal Certification is already embedded in the website under the customer service section brief review.
Halal Certification Scope
The certification scope of activities under the Halaal food product and process certifications are:
- Slaughtering of Halal animals, abattoirs,
- Food production or preparation, manufacturing,
- Food serving facility,
- Pharmaceutical production,
- Cosmetic production,
- Packaging material,
- Transport, distribution and handling.